Saturday, May 15, 2010

Sleep walking Dream talking

The drool on my pillow
Was worth it.
Because for moments
You were right in front of me
But the waking up
Brought back reality too suddenly
So fast I hadn't even made up my mind on what to wear
Put on my fly as if you were here
So fresh like air
Lookin' in the miror
Like,
Sho'nuff I'd hit it.
Hair lookin good and I woke up with it.
Hey there, Ego
My, myself, and I,
We're the shit
Yeah, we know.
Is that how this is suppose to go?
It seems a lot of people out there got a lot to brag about
But I ain't quite there yet, I got a lot to ask about.
There's just not enough room in my head to think comfortably
I'm fighting with myself in my mind like Three's A Company
Hey World,
I wanna be your favorite girl
So I talk a lot of shit
cause I'm good with words
But how much is that really worth
Nowadays what's in a word
But something everyone's already heard.
okay
Today was like every day
And I got a little scared.
A little bit love impaired
A little bit too aware
Of what happens next when I push green
Go
A little too calculated
A little too in-the-know
So I got a little self-righteous
From trying so hard to fight this
Feeling that I get when I'm fallin again
Couldn't tell you how I felt
So now I'm writing again.
It never wanted to lose the romance
One day it'll outweigh my conscience
In the end,
I'll send away my doubts and trade them for you
All the things that I fear for the things that you do
Because the problems in my mind,
I always calculated fine
But the music in my soul
Always found a way to rhyme
And its melody and its chime
Will be found somehow in time.
In time to say I'd like to go on date
With you if it's not too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment