Friday, July 2, 2010

What I Was Tryna Tell You

What I was tryna tell you
Is that I'm the fuckin realist
Call me a walking salesman
Cause I can show you what the deal is
So caught up in the cool
What ever happened to the realness?
Tryna make the right moves
So I hope that you can feel this.
Love is something we speak about prematurely
So I could tell I started loving you far too early
You know I put out alotta shit cause I'm so wordy
But how many of them do you think really heard me?
My consciences feels heavy
Look at how you left me
I should've known this time,
Time would let you forget me.
And man, it's been a while since I've felt appreciated
Cause like you that feeling evaporated
And I can just remember how much I hated
Feeling like all I did was waited
For you to make yourself out of the fake you created
But spend 3 minutes with me and a heart untainted
And I swear I'll give you everything you anticipated.
I'm ready for them to see
What my mind sees
But I'm telling you if you ain't ready, don't tease me
If you're tied down by the past, you won't please me
I know seducing your last girl with your bullshit was easy
But I'm not just another girl for you to mess around with
I got a confidence and a swag I go to town with
So you can call up your petty bitches when you wanna get faded
But call me after when you're ready to get upgraded.
Cause I don't have the time
For you and your deluded mind
No cure great enough for you to find
Cause I can see through the surface of your fake persona
The ignorance, you're such a prima donna.
And I know I can't change everyones ways
Or the things they've done
I just want everybody to listen to me
Like Drake's new album.
But tonight I won't need your love to find
When you're out there looking for your dignity
I've already found mine.
I know you're lost, tryna find what's true
But even if I let you in
You wouldn't know what to do
I can't even look at you
Without feeling confused
If I could give you salvation
You know that's what I'd do
But you keep bringing yourself down and
That's on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment