Monday, June 21, 2010

Maybe

I was inspired to write this by a song about falling for someone. But I decided to write an end to that story from personal experiences being the friend who saw the relationship fall apart and was never really put back together right.

Maybe

Maybe I'd like to call you lovely
Maybe I'd trade in all my money
To spend the day drinking tea and honey
This time I made enough breakfast for two
And I might be a little tough
And I might be
Stubborn and stuff
But it gets me when you do that
Thing that you do
Cause you're a catch and I'm out fishing
You're a star and I'm out wishing
I'm a puzzle and you're what's missing
I hope that heart of yours is mine to share
I'm scared we'll change
And come of age
Say some things we never meant to say
But secretly
They're the things that I want you to hear
Like you're so great
I'd like to date
Let's go out to eat or let's just make
A little something on our own
Cause I like clothes from the 60's
And you like movies that are witty
Let's road trip our way into the city
And make a home
But my vision can get a little blurry
and You seem like you're in a hurry
So why don't I just scurry
So you won't hurt me trying to find your way
Cause you look like you're always looking
And I feel like I'm always working
Do you know how long it took me
To find a good excuse for you today
Maybe you were never mine
Maybe it wasn't the right time
And maybe the words don't rhyme
In this kind of world
Maybe I thought this was falling in love
And maybe time calls for us to grow up
Maybe you were just a boy
and I was just a girl







No comments:

Post a Comment