Tuesday, April 20, 2010

And She Gets The Boy

Inspired by Lupe Fiasco's "And He Gets the Girl"
Hella old, but one of my favorite pieces I've done :)

It was 50
The answer to problem 3
It’s a little late since asking me
But I’m the one who stared if you don’t remember me
We have Period 3 algerbra with mr coop
I sat behind you as an attempt for your pursuit
I’ve never seen the back of a head look so cute
And if I didn’t turn mute
God only knows I would’ve proposed
I would’ve said I like everything about you, the plaid in your clothes
The way you button your shirt and the congestion of your nose
I’m not into cool guys
I like your tube socks and bow ties
And if I could choose
Every Saturday morning I’d watch power rangers with you
You squirtel is good but no match for my Pikachu
I don’t have a fat ass or size double D’s
In fact I barely wear a B
I don’t turn heads when I walk down the hall necessarily
Guys don’t need a better look at me
But if it counts I’m good at being Asian
I like dumplings with good conversation
I hate winter’s cold weather
But I love the warmth of your ugly Christmas sweater
You might notice I tend to talk to myself
But my therapist says personal companionship is good for your health
you’re the kind of person who could be my best friend
Put together all kinds of loose ends
Yeah it could’ve been the polos
The sweater vests or bifocals
But I think it was the way he wore his heart in his front shirt pocket
Right next to his mechanical pencils, pens left splotches
But no matter how I dressed or how I did my hair
The only time he ever noticed me was when I stumbled down the stairs
It must have been the excessive rambling
Always the victim of hall traffic trampling
The poopy color of my eyes
Why do I even try?
Then I see you approaching me thinking my vision wasn’t focused
You said correct me if I’m wrong but I couldn’t help notice
You’ve got two left feet and no sense of gravitation
But if it is any revelation
I’ve got two right feet and I’m patient
You’re a Pisces, I’m a Capricorn, it must be in the constellations.
I’ll never forget that day
But after a while that boy I knew went away
Every morning before school you’d put on your cool
Just to follow the rules
I was yesterday’s news
And there was nothing I could do
It was a slanted crowded and a favored game
But All of the sudden I hear my name
He put on his glasses and pointed at his pocket
It’s still there…you can have it if you want it

1 comment:

  1. Wow that was great weeza :). and your picture is really great^^. I like your blog

    ReplyDelete