Thursday, March 4, 2010

To the Foolish and the Vulnerable (Everyone).


You were unwilling
To face what future will bring
The tide is building
and you're ready to push me away
I was waiting
the sunlight was fading
the words you were saying
was what I forced you to say
The look in your eyes
seemed to look past every heart
Forever young
but compassion comes with age
And that's where maturity starts
and these People,
they're just words on a page
In similar fonts
Objects and figures
of superficial wants
Or do you see them like I do
Emotions and beautiful tragedies
Stupid jokes and the ones who will laugh with me
Living poetry and depth perception
Contradiction and it's perfection
Let go of your years of immunity,
Let go of your fears of uncertainty
like yesterday's fart
Love is
Saving room to be vulnerable in your heart

I felt your desperation
And maybe I was left behind
Because I didn't want it enough
But all your aspirations
Compromised love's integrity
When push came to shove
Will you stop running?
And stand with me for a while
This place might feel lonely at first
But don't listen to them when they said you'd never smile
Unless you held on to something that wasn't even real
Because love is agile
Untamed and wild
Let it be free
Slow down
And stand with me
Because right now you might not understand
And right now you might not know
But together we'll make it okay to be alone


No comments:

Post a Comment