Monday, April 18, 2011

From the odd one out


If it was easy
For me
I'd rhyme as I please
We have our walls up
But communication should be free
Cause you know us
Self-righteous people these days
Never without enlightened things to convey
All that ego had to have its say
But mine had to be
Cool, laid back
Meant to be heard over a Dear Fall track
Dear Fall
You were one hell of a lover
Had me all caught up and under
It wasn't until next summer
That I had to wonder
If I missed you when Winter came
He had me realize I was still the same
Still caught up in the past when things had changed
I just kept looking at faces
Searching for traces
Of someone willing to go past a first-name-basis
Cause I will always remember how much I hate
The generalization of a crowd
You spottted me like I was meant to be found
But it was so loud
That I didn't hear the footsteps on the ground
When you turned away
Without knowing if you gave me a second thought
I remember staring across
The parking lot
In my head
Begging you to turn around
And say
Hi
But I didn't wait for long
So I guess we both didn't try

No comments:

Post a Comment