Sunday, August 15, 2010

Runners

He moves in mysterious ways,
She's on the floor.
And her heart is in her hand. Nestled in her palm with fingers wrapped all around, the only place it can stand.
What's happening? What are you fighting about? Was it my pity that you borrowed? Or do you not see the others that weep in the corners of this box of sorrow? You must still be sitting in the middle.
When she's afraid to feel anything at all, when she's up against the wall, there's no room to fall.
Because you said it was okay to, but it's never okay to, when they're making a mess. There are tears to be shed too, but that's something she can't do, She says, this is what's best.
So afraid of holding onto something she can't see. Asked the world to look at her and see something and believe. Stayed up all night perfecting the perfect you. Overwhelmed with so much work to do. You can tell me if it changed something inside you. You can tell me if you hid your heart when you were trying to hide you. Scared of what the spectators would say if they knew they've been lied to. But I'll always love you same, You know I was never apart of that game.
I remember watching you run from the stranger in the room that swore he was you. And when you weren't thinking you did what he did too. But all that becomes taboo. Hurry up before they see you. You'd rather be see through, just to fall in line. So you'd never get beaten down again for trying to shine.
Use to be invisible so you could love me without pain, told you no matter how much you played with my heart I'd feel just the same, Promised I'd always smile for you, never cry over you, but I was left wanting more in the end, so I swore I'd never play that part again.


No comments:

Post a Comment